Friday 11 October 2013

Who's That Girl?

It's the day we've all been waiting for - new episodes of New Girl hit UK TV tonight!
I can't wait, it feels like it's been so long and I'm really looking forward to a lot of things this season, mainly to see what happens with Nick and Jess (soooooo cute!), but one good pull of the show is always Zooey Deschanel's adorable outfit!

To celebrate the return of my favourite show, I've been asked to put together a new girl inspired outfit from Debenhams. I absolutely love Jess's style, so this challenge was right up my street, I'd love to hear how you think I did! 

Jess's fashion choices tend towards the girly and fun, and there's not much she seems to like more than a cute red dress! This Yumi Dress reminded me so much of the one she wears in the into sequence, one that I associate so completely with her and her bright personality! It has the same 3/4 length sleeves, pleated skirt and fitted top, but the slightly darker colour and the leather-look neckline give this dress more of a 'UK Autumn' spin on Jess's Californian Summer original.


My second choice was this gorgeous Joe Browns Blazer. Though Jess's style is feminine, she does often make the effort to look a little smarter and more professional, especially at work. This jacket strikes the perfect balance between 'sensible teacher' and 'quirky fashion lover'.


Jess matches pretty much any ensemble with one of what seems to be a huge collection of ballet flats. She seems to have them in all colours and often chooses ones that contrast or clash with the rest of the outfit. But black are always a good choice, and one Jess often turns to herself - I thought these would work best considering the amount of different colours in the detailing on the jacket, as well as the lovely red of the dress.



So what do you think of my outfit? Would Jess wear it? Would you?

1 comment:

  1. I love Jess' style too, it's so girlie and quirky! I really like the outfit you've picked out, the blazer is beautiful!
    Future Freaks Me xx

    ReplyDelete