Monday 5 August 2013

The Evolution of Festival Fashion

Unfortunately this year I am not set to attend any of the big music festivals. All my 'fun things' money was spent on a much-enjoyed holiday last month so my budget won't stretch to another trip away, but that doesn't mean I don't still have a very keen interest in festival fashions!

New Look have created an awesome 'Evolution of Festival Fashion' timeline, exploring how the fashion choices associated with certain festivals in different time periods have evolved, since the early days of the festival (beginning with perhaps the most notorious festival of all-time, Woodstock) to the more recent festival offerings like Creamfields.


Despite my generally girly fashion tendencies, funnily enough one of the events here that I am most interested in in 1976's punk festivals. Though 'punk' happened well before my time, my dad loved punk, played in bands and went to weekend long punk festivals so I grew hearing his stories. He remembers those weekends as being amongst the best of his youth, and though I can't go back to that time to experience the wild weekends for myself, I could at least get a suitable outfit from New Look to pretend!

Jeans * Top * Boots * Jacket * Bracelets
Do you think I'd pass as authentically punk?

If that's not your thing though I'm sure you can put together an outfit to suit any festival style very easily with the help of New Look!

Are you going to any festivals this year? If you could pick any one through history what would be your ideal festival?*

No comments:

Post a Comment