Tuesday 13 August 2013

Clothing Clear Out

If you are anything like me, you'll have loads of clothes lying around that either don't fit, have fallen out of favour, or just aren't worn a variety of reasons. Over the years I've put aside literally bin-liners of old clothes, telling myself I'd 'get round to putting them on eBay sometime'. But I never have so far and it's looking increasingly likely I never will - I've never found the time, and I'm put off by the many stories I've heard of eBay charges, awkward buyers and things reportedly going missing in the post.

It's got to the point where I need to get rid of things to make space for new, and if I can make a little bit of cash while doing so it'd be a great bonus. But if I'm not going to sell on eBay, what other options are there? I've recently found out that Music Magpie now give cash for clothes!

Only a slight exaggeration! Source
If you don't already know Music Magpie, they've been around for a while now and I've used them in the past when having a CD clearout - I just typed in the number on the barcode into the website and they give you a price for each one. Once you've got everything loaded up that you want rid of, you can arrange for your package to be picked up at no cost and wait for the dough to roll in! You might not get as much as selling items individually but if, like me, you don't have the time or energy for that, Music Magpie is a great alternative!

I don't have anywhere near as many CD's and DVD's to get rid of now as I did a few years ago but one thing I do have plenty of is clothes. To sell my old second hand clothes on Music Magpie, I just have to answer a few questions about the brand and style of each item - then pack everything up ready to be collected!

I'm setting aside some time this weekend to go through my bags of stuff, I'm really looking forward to making some space and hopefully getting enough cash back to buy a new item or two as well!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this! I have a pile of stuff I can't be bothered putting on eBay so I will defo be checking this out tonight!!

    www.misslinnyo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete