Thursday 1 August 2013

American Beauty Swap

Like many English bloggers, I have a bit of an obsession with American products - I think we just like what we can't have! So I was very excited to arrange a swap with US blogger Angelica of Angelica Discovers.

We settled on a $35 limit and discussed what we would each most like to receive. I mentioned some of the American beauty products I'd often heard mentioned as being ones to watch out for but had never tried - eos lip balms and the Maybelline Baby Lips were two that I'd often read were great, and I also mentioned Bath and Body Works as a store I'd definitely heard of. 

We agreed on a date to send out the parcels and I waited eagerly for mine to arrive - I was so excited when it was delivered! 

Here's what Angelica sent me: 


The biggest thing is the 'country apple' shower gel - from Bath and Body works, just like I'd asked for! This smells wonderful, like apple sweets, and I can't wait to try it out! I also received two very cute handbag-friendly anti-bacterial hand gels too from bath and body works and I love them both - the apple blossom scent is really fresh and clean, and the pink lemonade lovely and sweet. I also got a face spa mask which I'm looking forward to using in my next pampering session - who doesn't love a face mask! 

And that's only the beginning, I also got loads of great make-up products! 


When I originally sent over my 'want' list, I'd completely forgotten to add 'wet n wild' eyeshadow to the list, as it's another thing I'd heard raved about, so I was so glad to find some in my package anyway - it's like Angelica read my mind! I got a 'Nude Awakening' palette which is wonderful as it's very much the kind of neutral colours I would normally wear anyway, and 'Cool as a Cucumber' which has a striking combination of green and purple - two colours I wouldn't have thought to put together but look amazing together in the palette and I'm sure will around my eyes too. The individual shadows - 'Sellout', a gorgeous shimmery purple, and 'Golddigger', a stunning sparkly gold - are beautiful. I was also really happy to receive a Wet n Wild mascara as I'm a complete mascara fiend, as well as the lip products I'd requested. The eos lip balm was not a disappointment - I was sent the 'sweet mint' one and it really is so minty and fresh, it smells just like mint rock and makes my lips feel all tingly as it moisturises them. The Baby Lips have just become available over here but I got this one a few days earlier than their release - I got 'pink punch', which has a sweet, fruity smell and a subtle wash of pink when applied. 

I'm so happy with my swap parcel, and I hope Angelica is with hers - We've agreed to do another one before Christmas so if you liked this post there should be another along in the future! In the meantime, if anyone would like to see full reviews and/or swatches of these products please let me know in the comments and I'll be happy to oblige! 

1 comment:

  1. What a great swap! I think you got a lot of great products for $35. I'd love to know what you sent Angelica.

    I loved this post and now I'm going to have a look round you blog & read a few more! :-)

    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog

    ReplyDelete