Monday 12 November 2012

Curlformers Blogger Competition

I know my last post was a blogger challenge, and I really did mean to get another couple of posts up before doing another one, but I just came across this fun competition and as it closes tonight I hope you'll excuse me putting it up now! Curlfomers are hosting a competition to win a whopping £100 of ASOS vouchers, to be judged by Lillia Loves.

Curlformers are a 'hair curling revolution', a product designed to to give perfect neat and lasting curls without damaging the hair by using heat on it. As well as curling naturally straight hair, they also say that 'hair that is naturally curly can be tamed into defined smooth curls' - great news for me as my natually curly and slightly crazy hair could definately do with some taming!

They are a number of ways to enter this challenge (and details of all can be found here if anyone can get an entry done before closing time!), but I decided to take the option of putting together an outfit including a curly hair style.

Henry Holland Tights - China Glaze Nail Polish in Ruby Slippers - Asos Gothic Prom Dress - Iron Fist Shoes - Topshop Beaded Clutch Bag - Alice in Wonderland Charm Bracelet

Helena Bonham Carter is one of my curly-haired idols. No matter how wild her curls are, she rocks them. I think she may have subconsciously inspired the gothic tones of my outfit a little, and had to include the Alice in Wonderland bracelet in her honour.

To achieve this look, I would use the long and narrow curlformers, but because we don't want the curls to look 'too' neat, I'd use my fingers to pull some of them apart a little, and scrunch in some volumising product at the roots to give them a bit of 'lift'. The best thing is no need to worry about your hair looking a little worse for wear after a night out as this look is meant to be a touch on the dishevelled side!

What do you think? Anybody planning on rocking curls over the festive season?




3 comments: